What Is This Thing ? (Kitchen Tip #1)


I really had to share this, I know it is kinda gross seeing my filthy crusty cookie pan but it is the way I cleaned it that I had to share.   I decided to make meatloaf for dinner the other night but I couldn't find my nifty meatloaf pan that has the holes to drain the fat away. So I ended up just having to use a regular cooking sheet.  As you can see from the picture below, I kinda burnt the edges. hahahahaha.  Honestly though, it really wasn't burned. That burnt part is the glaze I put on the meatloaf  that caramelized into a hot mess on the baking pan. When I first pulled the pan out of the oven I was like, "CRIKEY! How am I going to get that junk off?"  It really was stuck like concrete.  Then I remembered that I had this cool scrunchy thing that a family friend had made and given to me. It is AWESOME and I've been using it for everything. 



You only need a few drops of dishsoap to create a flurry of bubbles and to be totally honest very little elbow grease is needed. You would think I scrubbed my fingers down to nubs but nope. Just normal round and round circles with the poofy thing and in a matter of moments all that burnt on junk came free. I was totally impressed and I love this scrubby thing even more now.  Another great thing about it is that I can throw it in the washer to clean it with my towels or in the top rack of my dishwasher. A lot of times I just rinse it really good with hot tap water to get all the soap and crud out of it and let it dry on the center wall of my sink.  This thing dries so flipping fast and I've not detected any odor to it at all like you normally do with sponges.


See how great a job the little poofy ball did?  I'm not 100% sure but I think it is made out of tulle? You know the stuff you use for making wedding favors. Just make a pompom out of  and there you go.  I've never made my own yet. Like I said, a family friend gave me this one but now that I have one I'll never go back to normal dishcloths and scrubbers again.

Comments

Popular Posts