And So It Begins........


So today was my son's first day of summer vacation and can you guess what I heard all day?  "Mom I'm bored...!" "Mom are you done working yet?" this was at 10am and he had only woke up at 9am.  I start work at 8am and work until 4:30pm so I was nowhere close to being the end of my day. HA!

Wouldn't it be lovely if your job would give you the summer off with still being paid so that you can entertain your children?  Well unfortunately that is not going to happen any time soon and so we are going to have to think of things to keep our kids from going stir crazy this summer holiday.

Somedays I plan on letting J visit his grandparents and cousins and spending the day with them but I don't want it to be an everyday occurrence.  My sister-in-law has an in-ground pool and I am totally nervous about my 5yr old playing around a pool.  The yard is fenced in but not the pool so it only takes one moment of inattentiveness and there could be a major disaster.  I'm not willing to risk it.  Yes I need to get swimming lessons for J, but I haven't done it yet.  J is delayed speech so a lot of the things that I would have started when he was younger has got pushed back until he reached a point where he could communicate effectively.  He is doing great now, even if a little unclear at times so I am going to start looking into the swim lessons now.  Oh it also doesn't help that J is afraid of water in face.  We still have to use a shower-hat when he has his baths.

Normally when I take J into this grandparents house I say "no swimming pool", so M usually keeps J at her house but that isn't fair to my nephew A who is a great swimmer and wants to swim in his pool.  Hence the reason that we don't do grandparent's house everyday.

I did sign J up for Beulah Road Vacation Bible school at our church. That is the week of June 12-15, so I need to figure out how to keep J entertained until that week.  For us that has been helping Mommy and Daddy around that house. Before you shout, "CHILD LABOR" and call the authorities on me, understand that my son LOVES helping out around the house.  J asks to POOPER SCOOP.  No joke! He loves it and far be it from me to stop his fun... hahahahhaha.  We have three dogs and two of them are the 50+ pound variety so there are tons of poops! 😁

Another of the things J loves to do is laundry! I'm not sure if it's because all the button on the washer or that he likes pouring the soap in the washer but he always asks to help out when he sees us doing the washing.


Today I grabbed some quick pics of J doing the laudry.  Pardon the mess, just keeping it real, my laundry room is also my work office, craft room and "everything gets thrown in here" room.






The funny thing is that one of the things he HATES doing is picking up his toys! HAHAHAHA. The kid will pooper scoop but I have to threaten time outs and loss of privileges to get him to pick up his toys.  Go figure.  😉

I will update this blog as I think of some other things to keep him occupied this summer.  As of right now he is sitting in a spare office chair next to me watching YouTube videos by ToyTrains4U. If your kid loves Thomas the train, SuperHeroes, Paw Patrol etc then you should check out their channel.  It is a channel that you don't have to worry about them watching. Totally family/child friendly.  J is not allowed to watch YouTube without me near him. There is a story behind that but I can share that at a later time.

Later Gators!


Comments

Popular Posts