What I Want To Do Here


I've recently been thinking that I would like to really get into my blog writing.  I usually seem to be hit or miss on my posting schedule.  I go through sporadic activity with huge gaps of time.  I'll post a lot for a month or so and then I either get distracted or lose interest and then will go a few months or longer without a single post. 
I had actually turned my original blog into a swap-bot blog where I was posting electronic swaps and such and wasn't really doing much actual blogging.  Though I guess you could call the swap postings as posts of a sort.
When I was younger I wanted to be a writer. I wanted to write mystery books. But I quickly realized that even though I do have good ideas, and I can write with a semblance of skill I just don't have the follow thru.  I will start a new story but quickly become bored because I already know how the story is going to end. Funny huh?  I guess that is because what I enjoy about mysteries is NOT knowing the ending and trying to figure it out before the author reveals the answer and then seeing if I guessed correctly.  Well when I was trying to write the mystery.... I already knew Whodunnit! So my enthusiasm waned quite fast for the project.

Then I decided that, "Hey I could be a blogger!" but there again.... I don't have fabulous follow thru. My fault there is that I think it is because with no feedback from someone else I get to the point that I don't have the motivation to write about my day, or my insights.  In movies they make it look so easy to become a famous blogger and get tons of followers.  I remember one of my favorite movies, "Julie and Julia". After watching that movie I decided that was what I wanted to do. I wanted to be a blogger! Then came the reality of the whole endeavor.  It was hard to get myself to log on everyday and write something. I don't have enough self importance to feel as if anything I do on a normal day is actually worth sharing.   I am a work-from-home Mom who can often go days without stepping out of my house.  I'm not sure how interested people would be with my day to day of, " Hey, I'm doing another load of laundry." or " Watching ANOTHER episode of Sarah and Duck."

But then that brings me to this point in time.. Today's thoughts.  I really want to do this. I want to write and I think this is the way that I want to do it.  But I'm not sure how and what I want to write yet. I want to keep it free form without too much structure to start off.  I have a few ideas of subjects I can write about and I may change things as time goes by.  I think I will evolve. It could end up being a hodgepodge of sorts. One day it may just be meanderings of my mind and thoughts. On another day I may list a new recipe I found and try it out and give my thoughts on it and whether I epically failed at recreating the dish or if I mastered it to the best of my abilities. :)  I may share a short story or a poem that I write/wrote. Who knows what may be found within these e-walls.

I just know that I want to try! I would like to succeed this time also so I am going to try and not make any unrealistic promises about writing EVERY day.  I'm going to set of goal of thrice a week for now.  Maybe in the future if I so choose or it I ever get followers I can increase that number. Who knows.

Just for now, I believe it is important to start the journey.  So here I go.........


Comments

Popular Posts