Cheap Steak? I Can Fix that!!



















I was recently talking to my boss at work and he was telling us a story about a past steak disaster due to buying a bad cut of beef. That got me thinking that there have been times in my life where I really wanted a steak but I didn't have the money to shell out on a high quality angus steak or to go out to my favorite steak house. I had to settle for a cheaper cut of meat and just roll with it.  Over the years through trial and error I have come up with a great fix for those cheapskate steaks and you will only need a few things. Hopefully you will already have them on hand.

What you will need:


  • Some brand of insta-pot or electric pressure cooker.
  • A packet of your favorite flavored McCormick Steak Marinade
  • The oil, vinegar and water that the packet calls for. 

What you will need to do:


  • First of all, throw that steak in the bottom of your insta-pot


  • Next, in a small bowl mix together the marinade mix following the directions on the packet.

 

  • Then, pour marinade over steak.
  • Put lid on insta-pot and set the gadget for Meat and the lowest timing. My electric pressure cooker will allow you to choose a setting and then manually adjust the minutes up or down to make it a custom amount of time. You want about 10 mins.  If your lowest time setting is 15 mins then just keep an eye on it and stop it after 10 mins. 
  • Preheat your outside grill or broiler of your stove while the steak is "cooking".  
  • Do the quick pressure release method. You don't want the steak to keep cooking. 
  • Carefully remove steak from pressure cooker. It should be way tender now. 
  • Throw the tender steak on your grill or broil in your oven until the outside of steak is seared up nice and yummy like you prefer. 

I usually eat my steak medium rare when I go out to a nice restaurant but that is a good cut of steak and is prepared wonderfully. If you need to buy a cheaper cut of beef it is often hard to get it tender enough without some marinade method.  You can do the 24 hr marinade method and leave it in the fridge overnight but who has time for that!!???  I want my steak NOW!!  

Heck I've even thrown frozen steaks in the pressure cooker and have done the cooking this way. You totally will not mind that it's not medium rare. They will come out juicy, flavorful all the way through and nicely seared after a few moments on your grill. 

You can thank me later!

Comments

Popular Posts